Think of them as the little sister to the Class C, though just as capable and comfy. Often called Camper Vans, Class B motorhomes are built using automotive vans or panel trucks. Due to their smaller size, they can conveniently double as your everyday driver.
The sleek, modern design of the Class B utilizes every square inch of interior space to pack a whole lot of goodies into a compact area. Conveniences include a full kitchen, flush toilet and shower, overhead air-conditioning, power inverter, TV and entertainment center as well many offer a auxiliary generator for extended off-the-grid camping. In other words, just like the larger Class A and Class C, the Class B camper van is fully self-contained.
Some advantages of the Class B motorhome include:
- Ideal for narrow roads and congested streets
- Simple to maneuver, park and turn around
- Often fits in your garage for secure storage
- Ability for adult passengers to access conveniences like bathroom and refrigerator while the motorhome is moving
- Chassis and engine service available at many automotive dealerships
- Equipped with a hitch to tow a trailer or “dingy” but with less capacity than an A or C Class motorhome
Length: About 21 to 24feet
Sleeps: Usually 2