- We believe in the invigorating power of human connection.
- We commit to our team members by teaching our leaders how to nurture, guide, and foster strong relationships with them.
- We commit to our customers through the products we build and the experiences we provide.
Doing Business the Right Way
We believe in doing business the right way. We act with integrity and always comply with the law, provide employees with a fair and safe work environment, and deal fairly with members of the public (including our customers, investors, and competitors).
We are committed, at our core, to better the lives of our employees and customers, foster the viability of our communities, and promote a clean and safe environment through responsible and sustainable business practices. These business practices are critical to the long-term health and value of THOR Industries. Our commitment is, in part, demonstrated by the creation of THOR’s Sustainability Committee, a group charged with identifying and promoting sustainable business strategies and practices for the company.
THOR benefits when we all support our communities, as well as those of our suppliers and customers. After all, we succeed when our products inspire people to travel vastly, build strong connections with family and friends, and develop a lasting appreciation for nature. Whether you are a member of our community, stakeholder, or outdoor enthusiast, we believe you should have transparent access to THOR’s corporate responsibility efforts via this dedicated website and elsewhere.
These corporate responsibility efforts establish a foundation that allows THOR, along with our employees and communities, to grow and thrive well into the future. As leaders in our industry, it is our responsibility to constantly improve and create a space for others to flourish. Our hope is that by pushing ourselves to do more for each other and the environment, we will encourage others to do the same.
We are eager to share the many impactful sustainability initiatives Erwin Hymer Group has undertaken as we continue our integration of EHG into the THOR Industries family of companies. All information and policies provided currently apply to THOR companies based in the US only. Data and statistics pertain to FY2019 unless otherwise indicated.
Our Core Values
- We do right by our team members, our customers, and our communities.
- We strive to operate in a way that our word is trusted and people know we will always deal with them openly and with integrity, in all areas of our business.
- This is reflected in our commitment to provide: Safe work environments for our team members. High quality products for our customers. Sustainability and global citizenship initiatives for the betterment of our communities.
- We treat others with dignity and respect and practice thankfulness and gratitude.
- We build trust with our team members and our customers through caring and transparency.
- Our leaders listen to feedback, are genuine and sincere, recognize and appreciate others and practice forgiveness.
- We are nimble and innovative. We explore new opportunities and possibilities for growth across our business, for our team members and our customers.
- We acquire companies that will grow our mission of human connection through outdoor discovery, wherever that may take us.
- We empower our team members to seize the opportunities around them and give them avenues to grow and learn.
- We embrace and drive change, enabling our customers to Go Everywhere, Stay Anywhere.
FY2019 Sustainability Report
Corporate social responsibility is a lifelong behavior, and while we are far from perfect, we are committed to continuous improvement and to being leaders in our industry. By pushing ourselves to do more in the areas of this report, we intend to influence others, and in turn, make the world better by simply doing the right thing.
Preserving the health of our planet is fundamental to the THOR lifestyle. We have a responsibility to protect our environment, and we strive to conserve resources throughout our operations and through the development of programs like Pick Up America that help preserve our planet for the next generation of campers. Today, our manufacturing processes are more energy- and resource-efficient than ever before, with an emphasis on recycling and reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfills.
Ethics and Compliance
THOR demands a high standard of business ethics in all areas of operation. We commit to our team members to provide a safe, supportive and respectful workplace. Our team members are provided with the tools and training to help them make ethical business decisions. We believe that our team members make better decisions in a shorter amount of time when business ethics is used as a guiding principle.
THOR takes its responsibility to protect and respect human rights seriously, and we operate our business in accordance with internationally recognized human rights. We’re dedicated to creating a workplace that respects and values people with diverse backgrounds, which enables all of our team members to do their best work.
We believe that our employees have a right to a safe workplace, so safety is a top priority. We require compliance with all local, state, and federal safety and health regulations, and our Occupational Health and Safety Policy helps promote the a safe and productive working environment.
Education is critical to achieving our goals as a company, not to mention the goals of our industry as a whole. To this end, THOR is partnering with local Indiana schools to introduce their students to opportunities within the RV industry. Our LEAP program provides students with an immersive experience, bringing them face-to-face with THOR associates and teaching them about business management, manufacturing, and more.
In addition, THOR subsidiaries have launched online courses, certification programs, and technical training opportunities for their employees. Together, we are invested in the continuing education our workforce and our communities.
At THOR, we make it a point to build strong community relationships, which facilitate communication, interaction, and involvement. We not only support our communities through monetary donations, but with volunteer efforts as well.
THOR is committed to conducting business according to the highest ethical standards. This includes acting with integrity and fairness in both our employment and business relationships. We also expect our employees to act ethically, and in compliance with all applicable laws, at all times.
We expect the same from those with whom we do business, including those in our supply chain. Our Vendor Code of Conduct reflects these principles.