They’re easy to hitch, stable and easy to tow, and offer plenty of space for the whole family to be comfortable.
Versatility and space are the reasons many RVers choose fifth wheel RVs for their trips or their full-time home. Typically, fifth wheel RVs feature over-cab sleeping; the bed is raised over the cab of the towing vehicle to maximize living space in the trailer. That living space includes a kitchen, dining space, and a bathroom – everything you need to take off with the comforts of home, or make the road your home.
Your RV is available from these Thor Industries subsidiaries:
- Easy and safe to tow thanks to well-distributed trailer weight
- Easy to hitch and unhitch
- Wide bodies for more interior space, including a full galley, bed, and restroom
- Can incorporate slide-outs for even more living space
- Most storage space of all RV types
- Can be parked for long periods of time
- Towing requires a large truck with a fifth wheel hitch
- Larger fifth wheels can be difficult to park or drive in small spaces
- Require leveling when parked
- Tall models can have clearance issues
- Reduced ceiling height in the raised, over-cab sleeping area
- Can require a large storage area when not in use
Fifth Wheel Features
Besides easy hitching and towing, fifth wheels offer plenty of features to keep you comfortable, no matter where the road takes you.
- Full kitchens with refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, and pantries
- Multiple sleeping options, including queen-size master beds
- Lounging and dining space that converts into extra sleeping space
- Slide-outs for even more living space when parked
- Interior and exterior entertainment systems
- Restrooms with full showers and luxurious finishes
- Plenty of storage, accessible from inside and outside the RV