(Applicable to Thor companies based in the U.S.)
Enjoying the outdoors in the company of friends and family is essential to our business at Thor Industries, (“Thor” and “we”). We are committed to protecting our environment as we serve our customers and as our business grows. We believe that the RV industry is an influential part of today’s world and through our growth we’ve connected people to each other and brought them into the outdoors. We believe reducing waste and emissions, minimizing environmental impact, and promoting conservation at all of our locations promotes the long-term health of the company while making the world a better place for all.
Thor recognizes the importance of environmental protection and will comply with all environmental legislation, regulations and appropriate codes of practice relating to the processes and activities of the company.
Thor is committed to carrying out all reasonable measures to continually improve its environmental performance. We aim to:
- Efficiently use materials and resources in our facilities, products and processes;
- Reduce the amount of waste produced;
- Research replacement options for the use of hazardous materials;
- Reduce consumption of raw materials, water and fuel;
- Continuously improve our environmental performance with sharing best practices across Thor subsidiaries;
- Assess environmental impacts when developing new products and when evaluating logistics and distribution of products;
- Consider environmental performance when selecting and evaluating suppliers;
- Assess company facilities and report results to senior leadership;
- Conduct environmental due diligence as part of any merger or acquisition.
Thor fosters environmental awareness and understanding in all employees, suppliers, customers and other stakeholders. The Board of Directors shall have responsibility for this Environmental Policy.
Revised October 18, 2019