Internal Audit Manager
Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit, this position is responsible for the management of audit activities (financial, operational, compliance and SOX) in accordance with Internal Audit Department Policies and Procedures.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist the Chief Audit Executive / Director of Internal Audit in carrying out the strategy and long-term vision of the department.
- Assist in the completion of the enterprise risk assessment and comprehensive audit plan development.
- Provide thought leadership to all we do in an effort to continuously move the Department forward.
- Lead a team of audit professionals including supervising engagements, talent development, and mentoring.
- Designing, executing, and supervising financial and operational audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes.
- Develop audit programs and working papers detailing audit procedures and techniques and obtain adequate evidence in accordance with Internal Audit and professional standards.
- Analyze issues to identify root cause. Communicate ideas appropriately, develop recommendations and participate in the preparation of audit reports and presentations to management.
- Provide direct assistance to the external audit firm in connection with the annual financial audit.
- Act as a liaison to the external audit and co-sourcing partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance or Business Related field). Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA and/or CIA required.
- 3-5 years managing an audit team.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/presentation skills.
- 7+ years of experience in internal audit.
- Big 4 public accounting, Fortune 500 internal audit or accounting/finance, manufacturing/distribution industries.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 30%.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Thor Industries, Inc.
Thor is the sole owner of 25 brand companies, supported by approximately 210 facilities in five countries that, combined, represent the world's largest manufacturer of recreational vehicles. For more information on the Company and its products, please go to www.thorindustries.com.