Mechanical Engineering Technician
The Thor Industries Innovation and Development Center drives advanced engineering projects and provides a centralized service to Thor and its subsidiaries for engineering support, innovation, research, and product development.
To aid in the development and design next generation processes, materials and automated equipment for recreation vehicles manufacturing. Ensure all necessary engineering records and documentation is complete to support the product, process and/or automated equipment within manufacturing. Work effectively on large-scale projects over extended periods following the process and procedures established by the IDC.
Duties & Responsibilities
1) Set up and conduct tests of complete assemblies and of parts as they would actually be used, as a way to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
2) Record test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in products or test methods.
3) Work with mechanical engineers, equipment manufacturers and integrators to achieve on-time and on-budget execution of projects.
4) Aid in ensuring that designs satisfy all engineering parameters (structural, functional, etc.), industry codes and standards, state or provincial codes & standards.
5) Maintain strict confidentiality both internal and external of the IDC regarding any IDC activities, projects and documentation.
6) Undertake other duties reasonable and consistent with the position as needed.
7) Travel may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
2-year associate’s degree in mechanical engineering technology, equivalent vocational-technical school or equivalent education and experience required. Aptitude to function professionally and effectively in client focused and customer service organization. MET must be able to clearly understand and follow instructions or ask their supervisors to explain. MET must be able to clearly explain the need for changes in designs or test procedures both verbally and in writing. MET must make precise measurements and keep accurate records for mechanical engineers. Must be able to take instructions and use mathematics for analysis, design, and troubleshooting in their work. MET must be able to operate machinery such as drill presses, grinders, and lathes. MET should have proficient Autodesk Inventor 3D, MS Office, MS Projects skills.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
About Thor Industries, Inc.
Thor is the sole owner of 25 brand companies, supported by approximately 210 facilities in five countries that, combined, represent the world's largest manufacturer of recreational vehicles. For more information on the Company and its products, please go to www.thorindustries.com.