The Thor Industries Innovation and Development Center drives advanced engineering projects and provides a centralized service to Thor and its subsidiaries for engineering support, innovation, research, and product development.
Develop and designs next generation processes, materials and automated equipment for recreation vehicles manufacturing. Ensure all necessary engineering records and documentation is complete to support the product, process and/or automated equipment within manufacturing. Manage large-scale projects over extended periods following the process and procedures established by the IDC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Participates in engineering projects regarding new equipment and product designs.
2) Work with clients operations, warranty and other supporting departments to collect and compile data for analysis in effort to support justification and provide visualization of potential improvement results.
3) Work with equipment manufacturers and integrators to achieve on-time and on-budget execution of projects.
4) Monitors new equipment/ product design from conception through the successful release to operations.
5) Ensures that designs satisfy all engineering parameters (structural, functional, etc.), industry codes and standards, state or provincial codes & standards.
6) Maintain strict confidentiality both internal and external of the IDC regarding any IDC activities, projects and documentation.
7) Undertake other duties reasonable and consistent with the position as needed.
8) Travel may be required from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
4-year degree Mechanical Engineering Degree with five to eight years of manufacturing or related work experience. Must be highly proficient with Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD, MS Office, MS Projects. Must have strong documentation and communication skills. Strong working knowledge of Lean manufacturing, DOE and DFA methodologies. Robotics and discrete event simulation experience is a plus.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com
About Thor Industries, Inc.
Thor is the sole owner of 25 brand companies, supported by approximately 210 facilities in five countries that, combined, represent the world's largest manufacturer of recreational vehicles. For more information on the Company and its products, please go to www.thorindustries.com.